To facilitate management & administration, the school is divided into two units:
Nursery and Junior School – Nursery to Class V
Middle School – Class VI to VIII
The day begins with informal conversation and exchanging of news.
There are scores of indoor and outdoor activities fostering Language Skills, Motor Skills, Visual & Spatial Skills, Listening Skills, Working independently, Fostering, Social Skills and Group Play / Games.
A nutritious menu is planned with great care for lunch. Children are encouraged to eat a variety of items and are encouraged not to waste anything.
After a lunch break, they get refreshed for a session of story telling. The important features of TMIS are:
- The medium of instruction is HINDI during the first 6 years- Nursery to Class IV
- English is taught as a compulsory subject from Class I.
- Besides academic courses, emphasis is laid on environmental & social studies, music, art, craft and physical fitness.
- Cultural activities, outings, and public speaking have a special focus.
- The primary school has their own ‘Kitaab ghar’ – a well equipped library.
Class V is the bridge year between the Junior and the Middle School
English becomes the medium of instruction for Maths and Science while Social Studies continue to be taught in Hindi.
Sanskrit is introduced as enrichment of Hindi. In the middle school i.e. classes VI to VIII the medium of instruction changes to English for all the subjects.
A regional language is introduced in class VI. Students have to choose one from among Gujarati, Urdu, Bengali and Tamil.
Additionally as an enrichment subject, students have to chose from among Music, Art, Wood Craft, Clay-Modeling and Sewing and pursue it for three years- Class VI-VIII.